Save the Date: 2018 NLC Convention in Houston
Thursday, July 19 - Sunday, July 22, 2018
Gather with millennial, political and thought leaders from across the country to network with next generation leaders and gain knowledge and skills to enact progressive change in our communities. For more than a decade, hundreds of NLC community members and partners have collectively shared their experiences, ideas and inspiration to set a vision for the Future of Millennial America at the NLC National Convention.
Early-bird registration to open in early 2018.
Return soon for registration, hotel, and agenda information as it becomes available.
Join us at the NLC National Convention 2018 for policy and position panels on issues that affect millennials and the entire progressive community.
Past panel discussions have included:
- Transforming America: The Energy Revolution
- Economic Security for Millennials
- Faith and Progress
- The State of Inequality in the K-12 Educational System
- The Next Generation Workforce
- All Politics Is Local: NLC Mayor’s Panel
- Bridging the Rural/Urban Divide
- Social Movements and Progress
NLC National Convention 2018 attendees will acquire the skills to become changemakers in their communities.
Past training sessions have included:
- Challenging Oppressive Moments
- Know Your Rights: Civil Disobedience
- The Art of Negotiation
- Facilitating Engaging and Inclusive Conversations
- Campaign Crash Course
- #SquadGoals: Women in Elected Office
- The Art of Risk Taking
- Building NLC Leaders: Chapter Director, Curriculum Chairs, Finance Chairs, etc trainings and preparation for the year ahead
The NLC National Convention provides progressive community members with the space to be inspired and the space to inspire others.
Past keynotes and Spark! Talks have included:
- Valarie Jarrett, Former White House Senior Advisor
- U.S. Senator Bob Casey, PA
- U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, IL
- U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley, OR
- Congressman Ben Ray Lujan, New Mexico
- Cook County Illinois State’s Attorney Kim Foxx
- Baltimore Health Commissioner Dr. Leana Wen
- DNC Vice Chair and Assemblyman Michael Blake, D-NY
- NLC Spark! Talk: She Must Lead, You Should Support Her
- NLC Spark! Talk: Winning Back Trump’s America
- NLC Spark! Talk: Investing in Our Future: Supporting Undocumented and DACA students